What is the Standard Way to Audit Equipment?
Rocycle’s standard IT equipment auditing timeframe is much shorter than other area recyclers.
We utilize the following IT equipment auditing process:
- We receive your equipment
- Pallets or boxes are marked with your company name and the receiving date.
- As the equipment is unpacked, a spreadsheet is created to log the following aspects of your IT equipment:
- Serial number
- If the equipment has remarket value, the item is tested.
- When the equipment passes the functionality testing, it is able to be remarketed.
- If the equipment is obsolete, fails testing, or is non-functioning, it is designated for de-manufacturing.
- For items with hard drives, the hard drives are wiped or crushed per your company’s directive.
- Certificates of destruction available for your records.
- After the equipment auditing is complete, we send you a copy of the spreadsheet with the following listed details:
- Minimal processing costs
- Value of the items
There’s no risk and potentially great reward!
If there is positive value in the equipment, we will offer to purchase the equipment from you. You always have the option to refuse our offer and sell your equipment from our facility or have the audited equipment returned to you. We’ll even offer to arrange the logistics for you.